In this blog post, we will talk about the difference between cloud hosting vs VPS hosting, and also cover the pros and cons of cloud hosting vs VPS hosting.
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud Hosting is a system wherein cloud technologies are associated with a centralized single physical server.
Pros and Cons of Cloud Hosting
The pro and cons of cloud hosting are stated below:
Pros of Cloud Hosting
- Better uptime and enhanced performance
- Higher quality
- Robustness and flexibility
- Agile deployment
- Easy recovery for backup and catastrophe management
Cons of Cloud Hosting
- Cloud hosting is more expensive than most of the other hosting options.
- Not all cloud providers can guarantee to offer sufficient hardware resources.
- Cloud storage is affordable only while diligent control and management of resources and infrastructure is just a single server.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting
- As the website is developed on a digital repository that leverage sever access devices
- Scalable and versatile
What is VPS Hosting?
A VPS Hosting is a type of web hosting wherein you get a dedicated environment with the help of a hypervisor. With a hypervisor, a physical server is partitioned into several virtual components called virtual private servers.
For more information on how VPS hosting works, you can see our blog post on how does VPS hosting works.
Pros and Cons of VPS Hosting
The pro and cons of VPS hosting are stated below:
Pros of VPS Hosting
- VPS hosting plans are affordable than a fully customized dedicated server
- Several plans for VPS hosting are compatible with most of the software
- You obtain root access
- Better controllability over your server
Cons of VPS Hosting
- Costly than a shared hosting
- You need technical experience to configure your server
- Compared to dedicated hosting, you don’t get root access
Benefits of VPS Hosting
- Easily customizable
- Better control of virtualization
- Enhanced security
Having said that, let’s see what keeps apart Cloud Hosting Vs VPS Hosting.
What’s the Difference Between Cloud Hosting Vs VPS Hosting
Some of the major differences between Cloud Hosting vs VPS Hosting are as follows
Though cloud hosting assures traffic surge, enhanced uptime, and blistering fast website loading speed, VPS hosting offers a designated performance level.
In cloud hosting, you receive better control over your setup with a single click.
Cloud hosting is more efficient and flexible as with a few clicks, you can update your on-demand RAM and CPU resources.
Cloud hosting is cheaper as the HDD and SSD are shared among several users on the server.
We hope this article helped you understand the difference between Cloud Hosting vs VPS Hosting.
Meanwhile, our readers can check out our Windows VPS Hosting India plans with SSD storage.