However, it doesn’t have to be that difficult! To help Host Byte ease their migration worries, we’ve recently launched a free, 3-step Migration Process to migrate websites from other hosts using cPanel. In this post, we’ll explore a little about the difficulties faced with cPanel Migration and how to migrate your hosting to Host Byte!
CPanel Migration – What to look out for:
- While the cPanel migration process is pretty straightforward, there are certain pain points in this process. For instance: In the case of Reseller Hosting packages, without the WHM backup option the migration process is tedious with users having to backup & restore each account separately. Having the WHM backup option enabled solves this problem but a majority of hosts don’t provide this option in order to minimize server load.
- When migrating Shared Hosting packages another issue users face is while they can generate a full website backup they would have to restore various sections of their site separately.
- Also, the entire process is time consuming especially for users with a large number of packages or accounts.
How to migrate your Hosting packages to us:
If you’re looking at migrating your Hosting packages to us, there’s absolutely nothing you need to do!
After considering the feedback of a number of our Hosting Resellers and clients, we’ve created an easy, 3 step migration process that is handled completely by us. All you have to do is contact us and we’ll get in touch with you for more details. Our Hosting specialists will then migrate your Hosting packages over to Host Byte.
Here’s what our migration process includes:
- Complete Content Migration i.e. all site files, databases & emails
- Domain Transfer assistance
- Assistance with DNS Modifications
- Constant updates from our dedicated Technical Support Team
- Complete Migration in 24 hours (subject to number of accounts as well as size of each account)
There are a few terms and conditions that you’ll have to keep in mind before you migrate your packages to us. These include:
- We’ll only be able to complete cPanel to cPanel migration requests.
- For Reseller Hosting, we will only be able to migrate packages with a maximum of 25 Accounts under it. However, there is no limit on the number of packages that can be migrated.
- Packages with more than 25 Accounts will be charged based on the number of accounts that need to be migrated.
- cPanel Accounts with data above 2 GB will not be migrated.
- If you’re looking at migrating into our Multi-Domain Shared Hosting packages, all add-on Domains should belong to one Customer only.
That’s everything you need to know about migrating your hosting over to Host Byte! We’re already seeing a phenomenal response for this service and I hope you make the most of it as well.
If you’d like to try out our Migration service, all you need to do is click here, and speak to our live chat operator and leave the rest to us!
If you’ve already tried our migration process, we’d love your review/feedback! Do let us know what you liked (and didn’t) in the comments below.